Tell us what tank you want, we’ll build it. Drop us a message or call us on 1-800-325-6089
Welcome to FishTankBank, the home of awesome custom fish tanks and aquariums. Our selection of smaller fish tanks is perfect for any fish keeper with a smaller species of fish, like a Betta. The smaller tanks, like the 1 gallon and the 3 gallon fish tanks, should only be used to keep very small fish and ideally only a few at most. Small fish need plenty of space too, and if they don’t get this then they could become stressed and develop health issues. You’ll also want to ensure that you keep space in your tank for things like driftwood and creepy skull decor, and even silk aquarium plants, which can make your fish feel more comfortable and will give them extra places to hide! These fish tanks are between 1 gallon and 10 gallons in size, so you should only be considering one of these if you’re keeping a small amount of small fish, like a Betta (although a 5 gallon tank would be just as good for them).
Most visitors to our site are looking for aquariums that you’d describe as being ‘medium sized’ – that is, somewhere between small and large, usually starting from around 10 gallons in size. These tend to suit fish keepers who don’t keep a huge amount of fish, but who want to ensure that the fish they do keep have enough room to be healthy and happy. We’ve included a few tanks from our corner selection, as they tend to suit keepers who want space for their fish, but don’t want a tank that will take up too much room in their home. Some of our wall mounted selection might also be classed as ‘medium sized’ but rather than including them here we created a separate page. These fish tanks are between 10-30 gallons in size, and will generally suit most keepers.
If you’ve not realized yet, we love BIG fish tanks. They’re spacious, fish love them and you can fit loads of ornaments in them. The 4 tank listed above are only a small taste of what we have. If you’re looking for a big aquarium, look no further than our 50, 55 and 60 gallon page, where you’ll find some seriously spacious tanks in a variety of shapes and sizes. If that sounds a bit too large for your needs, how about a 40 gallon tank? It’ll still be big enough for most. These tanks are also big enough to include dividers if you’re breeding fish or keeping 2 different species together. If you’re needing something much larger, then we also have a page dedicated to 300 gallon fish tanks & aquariums. Be warned, they are seriously big!
Hopefully the above reviews of fish tanks, aquariums and stands give you a good idea of which products you should choose. However, you shouldn't even begin to look at these products until you have a good idea of how to properly set up a fish tank! So here is a quick guide to creating the perfect environment for your fish:
- Choose your tank carefully - 3 gallons or more is best for most species of fish
- Pick a tank that is long (as this resembles the natural habitat of a fish)
- Choose a gentle filter (fish don't really like strong currents)
- Choose a heater - again, research the species so you know what temperature they feel most comfortable in
- Add gravel, decorations and get started enjoying your fish!
Want to make your fish feel comfortable? Here are some extra tips:
- The natural habitat of most fish is shady rice paddies, so you want to try and replicate this as well as you can
- Give them plenty of plants so they can hide in the shadows if they like
- Fish also like driftwood so add some of that too - just make sure it's been treated (don't just take it off the beach as this can introduce chemicals and other dangerous substances into the tank
- Be warned - you might not see your fish out in the open too often if you have too many decorations!
- Avoid putting decorations and ornaments with sharp edges in the tank
- Avoid having a bare tank for your fish! They'll just get bored....
What about the fish tank brands that we include on this website? Here is a quick rundown of who they are, and why you can trust them:
- Tetra - We feature more fish tanks from Tetra than any other company on Fish Tank Bank, the main reason for this being that the products they create are very high quality and are always highly rated by users. The company also offer a wide range 0f fish tanks and aquariums of all shapes and sizes, with everything from bowls to boxes. A definite favorite of ours.
- Kollercraft - Unlike Tetra, Kollercraft tend to specialize more in fish tank accessories than tanks or aquariums. However, that doesn't mean to say that their tanks aren't good - in fact, we'd argue the complete opposite!
- MarineLand - The only MarineLand product that we have on here is our 5 gallon aquarium. But to be honest, there's no need to have anything else from them - this is the ultimate aquarium!
- GloFish - GloFish are another company that specialize in larger fish tanks rather than smaller tanks, so if you have larger species of fish then this is ideal.